Center Parcs Woburn Forest has today announced that more than 11,000 applications have been submitted for jobs at the new village, which opens this spring.
The recruitment drive started in July 2013 for 1,500 positions, including roles with on-site restaurants and retailers. Over half of the positions have now been filled.
At present, 41% of new recruits are between the ages of 16-24, and 92% of applicants have come from the local area (within 15 miles of the new site). The most popular roles already filled are in guest services, retail and security, as well as lifeguard roles for the Subtropical Swimming Paradise.
Judi Leavor, HR Director at Center Parcs says: “It’s fantastic to have received so many job applications for the new site already, and especially exciting that we’ve been able to offer opportunities to so many young people at a time when many of them are finding it tough to start their careers. This recruitment drive should have a tremendous impact on the local community in terms of economic growth, both in the short- and long-term.”
Center Parcs Woburn Forest is still looking to fill approximately 500 positions. The business is currently searching for candidates across finance, HR and leisure, as well as beauty therapists for the brand new Aqua Sana, Center Parcs’ spa.
Judi Leavor continues: “Despite the large number of applications, we are still seeking talent for a number of key areas. Because of the variety of roles we are recruiting for, we are looking for a diverse range of skillsets.”
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row