Center Parcs has won Best Family Friendly UK Holiday Provider at the Tommy’s Awards, which took place on 16 March at the Landmark Hotel, London to a packed audience of household name companies and Tommy’s supporters.The Tommy’s Awards recognise and celebrate the best family-friendly companies that help make the lives of parents and parents-to-be that little bit easier.
Earlier this year, Tommy's and Bounty asked Bounty's trusted Mums Panel to help us shortlist their favourite family-friendly brands. We then put the vote out to parents across the UK.This year 10,000 cast their vote via Bounty, the pregnancy and parenting website.
Caroline Gormley, Director of Fundraising for Tommy’s commented “The Tommy’s Awards is a proud moment in the calendar for Tommy’s. It gives us the opportunity reward the families who have triumphed over adversity and the companies who have made life that little bit easier for baby and mum. We are delighted that Center Parcs was recognised by the 10,000 people who have voted.”
All the winners were announced at an awards ceremony at the Landmark Hotel, London presented by celebrity host Giovanna Fletcher. The awards ceremony also includes Individual Awards which includes categories for Super Sibling, Doting Dad, Inspirational Mum, Courage, Angel, Little Champion and Mum's Voice.
Now in its 23rd year, the Tommy’s Awards recognise heroes of families who’ve have been touched by pregnancy complications, or the loss of a baby. Each year in the UK, one in four parents lose a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth and premature birth.
Notes to Editors
Contact at Tommy’s email@example.com | 07730 039361
As the UK’s number 1 baby charity, Tommy’s gives advice and support to over 500,000 pregnant women every month. We also fund pioneering research into miscarriage, premature birth and stillbirth, and provide immediate care for 35,000 mums, dads and babies in our centres across the UK.
- Center Parcs has five villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%.
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes more than 2.2 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment.
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK.
- Center Parcs has been announced ‘Best Family Friendly UK Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the fourteenth year in a row.