Center Parcs has today revealed the designs for the new Subtropical Swimming Paradise, which will be housed in the new Woburn Forest village when it opens in spring 2014.
The Subtropical Swimming Paradise is an iconic part of the Center Parcs villages, where families can enjoy a variety of pools and water experiences. They are one of the most popular elements of a Center Parcs break, with over 90% of guests visiting the Subtropical Swimming Paradise during their stay.
Woburn Forest will have the largest Subtropical Swimming Paradise in the UK with lots of exciting new features. The new shape has been revealed as a clam rather than the classic dome, pyramid or butterfly shapes at other UK Center Parcs. The clam will be nestled within the forest landscape with stunning views through the enormous glazed fascia.
The designs showcase the tropical environment and family-friendly experience that the Subtropical Swimming Paradise will offer. Guests will be able to ride the Wild Water Rapids in the open air outside the front of the clam-shaped structure, with views of the forest landscape around them. There will also be a wave pool, toddler pool, family play area, Lazy River and three exciting new water rides; Tornado, Twister and Typhoon, which will be unique to Woburn Forest.
As with all the Center Parcs villages, the environment inside the Subtropical Swimming Paradise will be heated to 29.5°C all year round with a wide variety of tropical plants rescued from around the world creating a truly tropical sensation for guests.
Charles Neuman, Woburn Forest Pool Designer, WTI, says: “The designs of the new Subtropical Swimming Paradise are the result of a culmination of 25 years of experience and lots of research into what modern families want. We have taken the best from the existing four villages and added new exciting elements to give guests at Woburn Forest a unique and special water experience.”
The build of the Subtropical Swimming Paradise is on track, with all the Glulam wooden beams that support the roof in place and basement works almost complete. The construction of the roof will begin in July with a completion date for the entire structure of January 2014 ready for the delicate process of bringing in the tropical plants.
Notes to Editors
Center Parcs Woburn Forest
Center Parcs is the UK's leading short break operator and every year more than 1.6 million guests stay at the existing four villages, each set in 400 acres of woodland. In spring 2014 Center Parcs Woburn Forest will open, which will mean there will be a Center Parcs within easy reach of a majority of UK families. This is an opportunity to bring something new to the Center Parcs family with a number of exciting new concepts which will be announced over the next few months. When Center Parcs Woburn Forest opens in spring 2014, it will bring an investment of approximately £20 million to the area of Bedfordshire each year through employment and use of local services.
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row