Continual investment has been the key to Center Parcs’ success over the years
It all began in 1987, when Center Parcs revolutionised the UK holiday market by introducing family breaks throughout the year, offering an alternative to the seasonal getaway. The secret to Center Parcs’ 25 years of success has been the evolving facilities, high quality accommodation and variety of family activities to ensure the best experience is provided every time. Ensuring this commitment lives on today, in 2012 Center Parcs celebrates its 25th year with new, exciting developments:
1. New features at each Subtropical Swimming Paradise are in the early planning phases to include new water rides, toddler play areas, warm water pools and private cabanas at all locations.
2. Center Parcs’ uniquely designed luxury Treehouses have been completed at Longleat Forest.
3. Spa Suite accommodation has been built for luxury spa breaks at Elveden Forest.
4. New shops, restaurants and cafés including a children’s toy shop (Just For Kids), gift and home décor shop (The Store Room) and a new burger restaurant (Dexter’s Kitchen).
Short breaks at Center Parcs in 2012 start from £249. For more information or to make a booking, call: 08448 266 266 or visit: www.centerparcs.co.uk
From December 2011, Center Parcs are launching a brand new Facebook application which allows guests to put their own Center Parcs holiday photos into Center Parcs backgrounds and submit to enter a photo competition. The photo competition prizes include the chance to star in online advertising or win a luxury short break in a New Style Exclusive Lodge. To view the gallery and vote or add your photo, visit: www.facebook.com/CenterParcsUK
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row