Aqua Sana Woburn Forest has been named one of the four finalists in the World Spa and Wellness Awards in the Resort Spa of the Year Western Europe and Scandinavia category.
As one of the finalists, Aqua Sana will stand against competition from Lefay Spa in Italy, Talise Spa in Spain and the Wellness and Nature Spa at Das Krazbach in Germany with the winner being announced at an awards ceremony in early 2015.
Launched in 2012, the World Spa & Wellness Awards recognise and reward the work that spas do around the globe, honouring hotels and destination spas in Western Europe & Scandinavia, Middle East & North Africa, North & South America and Asia & Australasia. One of the leading honours in the industry, the awards acknowledge excellence of care, service and standards and aim to inspire spas around the world, serving to raise global industry standards.
Kerry Fenton-Kent, Group Spa Manager, said:
“We are thrilled that Aqua Sana Woburn Forest has been named one of the finalists for this prestigious award. Our brand new spa which opened in the summer this year is an evolution of the Aqua Sana concept and has been enjoyed by thousands of spa day visitors and Luxury Spa Break guests. Aqua Sana is unlike any other spa, nestled in the heart of the forest with a wide variety of spa experiences, it serves as a perfect introduction to the world of spa and attracts first timers and spa fans alike. Like the rest of the team, I feel very lucky to work for such a warm, welcoming, high quality spa with such a dedicated team and we are all excited about the prospect of winning this amazing award!”
Organised by UK-based Professional Beauty group, which has organised spa and beauty industry awards for the past 18 years and has an in-depth knowledge of the field, the World Spa & Wellness Awards incorporates a thorough and independent judging process in which all spas are assessed by experienced industry professionals.
As part of the comprehensive judging process, all shortlisted spas are visited by both an official and a mystery judge – each possessing detailed knowledge of the region they are judging – during the second round of judging.
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row