Aqua Sana Woburn Forest has been awarded Highly Commended for the Resort Spa of the Year Western Europe and Scandinavia category in the World Spa and Wellness Awards.
The World Spa & Wellness Awards describes Aqua Sana Woburn Forest as "a property that is truly raising the standard of spa in its country".
Aqua Sana stood against stiff competition from LeFay Spa in Italy (eventual winner), Talise Spa in Spain and the Wellness and Nature Spa at Das Krazbach in Germany. The winners were announced at a prestigious ceremony in London at The Brewery on Sunday 22nd February 2015 with the Aqua Sana prize collected by Martin Dalby (Center Parcs CEO) Don Camillieri (Woburn Construction Director), Sue Goddard (Center Parcs Group Leisure Manager) and the Aqua Sana team.
Kerry Fenton-Kent, Aqua Sana Group Spa Manager, said of the Highly Commended Award:
“We are absolutely over the moon that Aqua Sana Woburn Forest has been given this fantastic award and only a matter of months after opening too! To be named as one of the best spas in Europe is very special and we are so proud of what we’ve achieved in such a short space of time.
Aqua Sana is so unique, in the heart of the forest with 25 spa experiences, we’re a perfect introduction to the world of spa and attracts first timers and spa fans alike. Like the rest of the team, I feel very lucky to work for such a warm, welcoming, high quality spa with such a dedicated team and we are all so honoured to have been recognised in this way.”
Aqua Sana Woburn Forest opened in June 2014 and has welcomed thousands of guests since. As the fifth of the Aqua Sana Spas, it is true to the original ethos of being close to nature, welcoming and offering a variety of experiences helping people to step over the threshold into the world of spa but also embraces new ideas and technology to bring the best of the ‘new’ into the experience.
Launched in 2012, the World Spa & Wellness Awards recognise and reward the work that spas do around the globe, honouring hotels and destination spas in Western Europe & Scandinavia, Middle East & North Africa, North & South America and Asia & Australasia. One of the leading honours in the industry, the awards acknowledge excellence of care, service and standards and aim to inspire spas around the world, serving to raise global industry standards.
Organised by UK-based Professional Beauty group, which has organised spa and beauty industry awards for the past 18 years and has an in-depth knowledge of the field, the World Spa & Wellness Awards incorporates a thorough and independent judging process in which all spas are assessed by experienced industry professionals.
Notes to Editors
- Aqua Sana has five locations across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests in the summer of 2014.
- Aqua Sana Woburn Forest is nestled in the heart of Center Parcs Woburn Forest Village, surrounded by forest and offering 25 experience rooms and a variety of treatments to choose from.
- Inspired by nature and combining different approaches from many of the leading European spas with the latest innovations, there are six unique spas at Woburn Forest to journey through, all within the World of Spa. The six spas are; Fire and Ice, Mineral and Gemstone, Blossom, Herbal, Sensory and Salt; each one with a variety of multi-sensory experience rooms, two of which are the first of their kind in the world.
- Aqua Sana Woburn Forest sets the benchmark for high quality social spas in the UK and beyond, taking the Aqua Sana World of Spa to a new level. This is a state-of-the-art spa, the only one of its kind in Europe, evolved from the award-winning spas already a success at Center Parcs’ other four Villages.
- Within 8 months of opening, Aqua Sana Woburn Forest has won the Good Spa Guide Award for 'Best Spa to be Social' and the World Spa and Wellness Highly Commended Award for 'Resort Spa of the Year' in the Europe and Scandinavia category.
- Aqua Sana Woburn Forest is just 50 minutes from London making it the perfect spa destination for Center Parcs short break guests, Spa Day visitors and Luxury Spa Break guests alike.
- For more information, visit: www.aquasana.co.uk