The Drop is the latest leisure activity to open to guests on a short break at Center Parcs Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire this autumn, following its popularity at Center Parcs Elveden Forest in Suffolk.
Center Parcs’ newest adrenaline-fuelled activity takes guests one way up a 10 metre outdoor tower, then gives four choices for their descent back down to ground, with different levels to test their bravery.
On one side of The Drop tower is a Double Drop Zip Wire, where guests clip into a safety system and zoom across a clearing. Another option is the Quick Jump, where guests step off the wooden platform and experience a zero gravity freefall before their harness takes their weight and lowers them gently to the ground.
For those who like an extra challenge, the Leap of Faith requires guests to jump from the platform towards a suspended punch bag, dangling in mid-air and try to hang on for a moment before letting go and being lowered back down to earth. Participants can tailor the difficulty of this level, by choosing the distance between the punch bag and the platform, making the leap shorter or longer.
The pinnacle of The Drop, located at Action Challenge, is the Air Bag jump. Here guests leap from a platform, with no harness or rope, and freefall until landing safely on a giant inflated cushion. Nerves can be tested with jumps from the warm-up 4.5 metre platform, then the intermediate 7 metre platform, before taking on the ultimate challenge: jumping off the 10 metre platform*.
Suitable for adults and children aged 8 years and over, The Drop is an activity that a family can enjoy together, allowing the adventurous ones to soar whilst enabling more tentative family members to take part at a level they’re comfortable with, building their confidence along the way.
To learn more about the activities available at Center Parcs or book a short break please visit www.centerparcs.co.uk
*Participants aged 8-13 years may only jump from the 4.5 metre and 7 metre platforms. Those aged 14 and over may jump from the 10 metre platform. Weight limit of 20 stone applies.
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%.
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes more than 2.2 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment.
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK.
- Center Parcs has been announced ‘Best Family Friendly UK Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the fourteenth year in a row.