With summer just around the corner, families across the UK are eagerly awaiting the exciting array of events and activities taking place on our Great British soil. It seems the UK summer is still as popular as ever with Center Parcs is reporting 11.8% more summer breaks booked by guests versus this time last year. Royal fans, football enthusiasts and sport-mad Britons are well catered for at Center Parcs so whether royalty and sport are your bag or not, there’s plenty to do as a family this summer.
A Royal Good Time
The Big Jubilee Lunch is celebration, delicious carvery, merry music and fun. Center Parcs guests will be tucking into sumptuous roast dinner, one of the greatest of the British traditions!
We will be clinking our teacups and waving our flags at the Jubilee Street Party which takes place at Center Parcs locations. There’s nothing quite like a good old fashioned street party and there’ll be afternoon and high tea and entertainment too.
Coverage of the Jubilee will be shown on screens at Center Parcs.
Center Parcs short break bookings are strong for the Euro 2012 period meaning football fans and avoiders alike are flocking to the trees with friends and family.
For lovers of the beautiful game, Center Parcs are showing Euro 2012 matches and Soccer School is on for anyone wanting to perfect their dribbling, tackling or scoring skills. For those who aren’t keen on the footie, there are hundreds of activities to choose from like painting pottery, falconry and salsa! There’s so much to do together as a family.
Or the Aqua Sana spa provides a peaceful escape from the football madness, with a variety of experience rooms to choose from, you’ll be taken to pamper heaven.
Allsorts of Sports
Center Parcs offers more than 200 activities for all ages and if you want to get into the sporting spirit, there’s so much to try during a short break. Sports available at Center Parcs include swimming, fencing, badminton, tennis, archery, sailing, kayaking, canoeing, vollyball, football and table tennis. There’s always the classic Center Parcs cycling too, if you want to glide around with your family under the glorious sun or maybe you want a peaceful run through the trees?
Colin Whaley Sales and Marketing Director is delighted to report “strong summer bookings, showing Center Parcs is the ideal place for families wanting to celebrate the many British events this year as well as those wanting to get away and enjoy quality time together. There is so much going on at Center Parcs; new activities, new cafes and shops as well as exciting new additions to our Subtropical Swimming Paradises!”
Come join the summer fun at Center Parcs this year, there’s nothing quite like a break with your family in the forest!
Center Parcs is proud to be 25 years old this year and to celebrate, we are also asking for fans to share their Center Parcs photos and memories from over the years on our facebook page: www.facebook.com/CenterParcsUK
Summer breaks at Center Parcs start from £579, for more information, visit: www.centerparcs.co.uk
Jessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row