Despite industry predictions of a tough year ahead, Center Parcs, the UK’s leading short break holiday operator is seeing significant bookings growth for 2012.
With overall bookings 2.2% up on last year’s record year, Center Parcs is seeing particularly strong demand for the main summer holidays, with bookings for peak breaks up 19.1%. Short breaks for Christmas 2012 and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee bank holiday are also performing very well, suggesting that families are still opting to stay in the UK for main school holidays.
Colin Whaley Sales & Marketing Director said “There has been a lot of uncertainty about how the market would behave in 2012 and what effect the Olympics and the Eurozone crisis would have on holiday bookings. However, here at Center Parcs, during this peak booking period, we are seeing some very encouraging booking numbers for the year ahead. We are very optimistic for 2012, and expect another strong year”.
2012 sees Center Parcs celebrate its 25th year of providing unique high quality short breaks in the UK.
Short breaks at Center Parcs in 2012 start from £249. For more information or to make a booking, call: 08448 266 266 or visit: www.centerparcs.co.uk
Center Parcs Press Office
Telephone: 01623 821733
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row