Center Parcs today launches a new £4m integrated marketing campaign led by a new TV commercial starring real Center Parcs guests.
The campaign will run across both offline and online channels and was launched through Center Parcs’ social media channels at midday on Friday 20th December. The 50 second TV advert, which premieres during Downton Abbey on Christmas Day, is at the forefront of a campaign designed to showcase the quality and range of experiences available on a short break at Center Parcs and within its unique forest locations. This message will be reinforced by a series of online films, depicting a ‘day in the Center Parcs life’ of each of the six families used in the advert.
Sales and Marketing Director Colin Whaley said; “With the opening of our new Village at Woburn Forest only a few months away, we are launching our biggest and most integrated campaign ever. The end line ‘Your Family, Your Time’ encapsulates the endless opportunities there are for families to spend fun time together and enjoy a short break in a way which is very personal to them”.
The six families were chosen to star in the advert after casting sessions earlier in the year and represent a cross section of ages and family groups, from grandparents to pre-school aged children.
“Center Parcs targets affluent time-pressured families and provides an oasis of calm, a place to try new experiences and enjoy being with those close to you – so important in our busy lives. It is for this reason that we have used real Center Parcs guests. To keep the campaign real, we will also be encouraging others of our guests to share their own personal Center Parcs family experiences through our social media channels, such as Facebook, Youtube and Twitter”, Whaley added.
The campaign features the track ‘Best Day of my Life’, by US indie rock band American Authors. The uplifting, catchy track with lyrics such as ‘But all the possibilities. No limits just epiphanies’ particularly matches and works to highlight the vast array of experiences, indoors and outdoors, sporty and relaxing, on offer at Center Parcs. The voiceover is provided by actor Matthew Macfadyen, who recently starred in the highly acclaimed BBC series ‘Ripper Street’, and who did his first ever voiceover on a Center Parcs TV ad in 2007.
The creative agency responsible for the campaign is Brothers & Sisters, with the TV advert production being carried out by The TV Department and media being managed by Walker Media.
Center Parcs Press Office
Telephone: 01623 821733
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row