Center Parcs has won two publicly voted-for awards recognising them as the top UK destination for family short breaks.
The company came top in the Family Holiday category of the Made for Mums Awards 2017 and has also been crowned Best Family Friendly UK Holiday Provider for the 14th consecutive year at the Tommy’s Awards 2017.
The Made for Mum’s Awards (formerly Prima Baby Awards) recognise the very best products and companies across 82 categories. This year saw 3,000 hours of testing and judging and 120,000 votes cast to decide the winners, awarding Gold, Silver and Bronze in each category. Center Parcs won Gold in the Family Holiday category, with one of the testers Kat (mum of one), describing Center Parcs as ‘crafted to accommodate children’ with ‘plenty of things to do and great restaurants’.
The Tommy’s Awards recognise and celebrate the best family-friendly companies that help make the lives of parents and parents-to-be easier. From a shortlist of five destinations, Center Parcs received the most votes to win the Best Family Friendly UK Holiday Provider, retaining the title for a 14th consecutive year.
Since their first UK village opened 30 years ago, Center Parcs has championed the ethos of togetherness away from the everyday hustle and bustle and prides itself on delivering excellent guest service and attention to detail.
Colin Whaley, Director of Sales and Marketing, said;
“We are delighted to have won two national awards recognising Center Parcs as the UK’s top family-friendly short break provider. Family is at the very heart of everything we do and we continue to help parents and children of all ages spend quality time together in a totally unique environment, away from the distractions of everyday life. It’s even more special that these awards were voted for by the public, so thank you to everyone who voted for us.”
For more information or image requests, please contact PR Executive Emily Beaumont at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
- Center Parcs has five villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%.
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes more than 2.2 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment.
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK.