Center Parcs has introduced some exciting new activities this summer, from the Ranger’s Summer Walk to Archery Aerobow Splat, there’s something for everyone in the family to try.
At Whinfell Forest this summer, families can enjoy Birding for Beginners and Hawking Around where you have the chance to get up close to a variety of fascinating birds. There are also new nature walks including the Ranger’s Summer Walk, the Who’s Out After Dark forest night tour, the Red Squirrel Walk, and the Parent and Toddler Nature Quest.
Mammal Magic is a fun activity now available at Elveden Forest and is a hands-on experience all animal lovers will treasure. At Mammal Magic you’ll get to meet some furry friends and other, more unusual creatures. You’ll be able to touch chinchillas and delight at the adorable sugar gliders.
The crossbow is one of the most ancient shooting weapons, dating back to 6th century China. In the new Crossbows activity at Longleat Forest, guests can experience this traditional target sport first hand.
New at Sherwood Forest, Archery Aerobow Splat is a state of the art compound loaded with paintballs. The aim of the game is to knock down targets, soaking them in the process! Orienteering – Forest Quest has also arrived at Sherwood Forest and is a great way to enjoy the outdoors. Guests are given a map to uncover a succession of clues hidden away in all sorts of interesting places around the forest.
Summer is now upon us and what better way to enjoy the great outdoors than a break at Center Parcs. With over 150 indoor and outdoor activities available at each village, there is something for everyone, whatever the weather.
For more information about activities at Center Parcs, visit: www.centerparcs.co.uk/thingstodo
Contact informationJessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row