Center Parcs has today launched its new Activity Den across its five Villages, a dedicated children’s destination which has been designed to answer guests' increasing desire for family discovery and adventure.
Research conducted by activity specialist In2Action amongst 1,000 Center Parcs guests, revealed that 80% of parents are looking for their family to try something for the first time while on their break and wanted their short break provider to offer the opportunity to give children and families the freedom to have their own adventures.
As a result, the Activity Den has been specifically designed to encourage children – and their parents – to try something new together and take home mementos of their stay. The children’s activities for 2-14 year olds include much more theatre and parental involvement, whilst also giving families keepsakes to take home with them.
Colin Whaley, Sales & Marketing Director at Center Parcs says: “Families are increasingly wanting to branch out on their break and try things they can’t do at home, so we’ve created the new Activity Den as another way to ensure we’re giving families the freedom and choice to enjoy their own adventures.
“Our brand new and enhanced activities are all designed to up engagement levels from both children and parents and build a sense of achievement for all involved. This in addition to the 100 plus indoor and outdoor activities we already offer at all our Villages. We look forward to seeing and hearing the reaction from guests as they experience the new Activity Den and welcome any feedback.’’
The brand new activities that will be offered in the Activity Den include:
- Woodland Adventurer (3-7 years) – an action-packed activity, making woodland headdresses, and pendants before taking part in specially designed woodland-themed games
- Forest Crafts: Mini Beasts (3 years+) - create a unique mini beast mobile and pom pom spider to hang at home
- Forest Crafts: Hobby Horse Hoedown (3 years+) - decorate a hobby horse which can then be shown off at the final awards ceremony. Winning rosettes will be awarded for best dressed and best behaved
- Forest Crafts: Woodland Creations (3 years +) - create a family of woodland creatures as well as a habitat home for them to live in
- Chocolate Chefs Academy (3-7 years) – make a chef’s apron and hat, create a range of tasty treats and design secret recipes in the Center Parcs Chocolate Factory
The new Activity Dens replace the Time Out Clubhouses at all Center Parcs Villages. Enhanced existing activity favourites will still be offered alongside the brand new activities.
Center Parcs offers a wide variety of activities for all ages either to enjoy individually or for the whole family to enjoy together. The Company attributes their 27 years of success in the UK to a continually evolving offering to meet modern family needs whilst remaining true to the brand’s core values.
Notes to editors
1There are currently five locations across the UK; Woburn Forest (Bedfordshire), Sherwood Forest (Nottinghamshire), Elveden Forest (Suffolk), Longleat Forest (Wiltshire) and Whinfell Forest (Cumbria).
Center Parcs is the UK's leading short breaks operator and every year over 1.7 million guests stay at the existing four villages each set in 400 acres of woodland. In summer 2014 Center Parcs Woburn Forest opened, a perfect location for families in London and the South East. There is now a Center Parcs within easy reach of a majority of all UK families. This is an opportunity to bring something new to the Center Parcs family with a number of exciting new concepts.
2 Center Parcs and In2Action survey, 2014. Sample of 1,000 Center Parcs guests.
3The Activity Den activities:
3-23 months/24-35 months
You can feel confident leaving your child in our care, knowing they are in a happy and safe environment. Our experienced staff at our Ofsted-registered Activity Den will encourage each child to learn, develop and investigate in a stimulating environment, while you take some time to explore and make your own discoveries.
Party in the Den
Who needs a special occasion to enjoy a good party? Whisk your children along to the Activity Den for music, dancing, games and singing. It's a great opportunity for them to make new friends in a safe, supervised environment before leaving with a party bag in hand and a smile on their face.
Pirate and Princess Adventure
Your little mateys will learn everything there is to know about becoming a pirate or a princess in this three-hour session. Our adventure will be full of games, makeovers, music and creative activities followed by party time and snacks, while parents can relax in the knowledge that children are safe, well cared for and having fun at the Activity Den.
Children will become a Center Parcs Woodland Adventurer in this fantastic action-packed activity. Our tribe will design and make their own woodland headdress, pendants and den before taking part in our specially designed woodland-themed games and activities, all set inside our Activity Den. Parents can relax in the knowledge that children are safe, well cared for and having fun in this three-hour session.
Chocolate Chefs Academy
Enjoy some quiet time and relax while your budding little chefs and chocolate lovers join us for an adventure at the Center Parcs chocolate factory in this three-hour activity. Little chefs will make their own chef’s apron and hat, create a range of tasty treats and design their own secret recipe as well as playing some chocolate-inspired themed games.
Teddy Bear’s Picnic
Every bear that ever there was is gathering here! Bring your teddy and join in with songs and stories then follow the teddy trail to our Teddy Bears’ Picnic and meet everyone’s favourite bear, Rupert. Each child will receive a new cuddly bear of their own to take home and treasure.
Please note that this activity will run indoors unless the weather is suitable for an outdoor picnic.
Forest Crafts – Hobby Horse
Our creative session is perfect for the whole family as you decorate your own hobby horse. Once your hobby horse is complete you can show it off at the final awards ceremony. Winning rosettes will be awarded for best dressed and best behaved.
Forest Crafts – Mini Beasts
This session is great fun for the whole family. Create your own unique mini beast mobile and pom pom spider to hang in your child's bedroom. Together with the support and encouragement from our staff, you can be as creative as you like.
Forest Crafts – Woodland Creations
This nature-themed craft session is fun for all the family and is a great way to fuel little ones' imaginations. Using natural materials, you can create your own family of woodland creatures as well as a habitat home for them to live in, before taking part in our woodland creature activities.
Center Parcs Press Office
Telephone: 01623 821733
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row