Center Parcs has today revealed the activities which will be available at Woburn Forest, the new Center Parcs Village in Bedfordshire when it opens in spring 2014. True to form, Center Parcs will be offering a wide variety of activities to guests, so that families can create their own unique holiday in the forest.
Along with family favourites which are already enjoyed at the other four Villages such as Tree Trekking, kayaking and fencing, there will also be a range of innovative activities to expand and improve the choices for young children available in the Activity Den including Mucky Pups, Chocolate Little Chef, Party in the Den, Woodland Adventurer and Forest Academy Crafts.
Woburn Forest will also be home to a new amazing Subtropical Swimming Paradise, the largest of any Center Parcs Village, which will have a number of pools and water experiences for families to enjoy and 3 unique water rides, all of which are set amongst tropical trees and plants within the warm 29.5°C climate.
Sue Goddard, Group Leisure Manager at Center Parcs says:
“Not only do we provide beautiful lodges nestled in the forest, we also offer a choice of lots of fantastic activities so that families can create a break that is perfect for them. Family time is so precious; giving people a chance to spend quality time with family and friends away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. We provide the setting and variety so that families can cherry pick from what we offer to sculpt the break they want”.
Center Parcs are releasing access to activity bookings and restaurant reservations to short break guests by mid-February 2014 for breaks booked during spring and early summer.
Did you know…
- There are a number of new children’s activities available at Woburn Forest which have never been seen at Center Parcs before, these activities take place in the ‘Activity Den’, an exciting new children’s destination replacing the Time Out Clubhouse on other Villages.
- When Center Parcs first started in the UK more than 27 years ago, there were only 30 activities available, now there are 100-200 activities per Village.
- Tree Trekking was the first activity completed at Woburn Forest, this course has to be tested by a certified aerial activity tester.
- 2,300 bikes will be delivered to Woburn Forest before opening taking the Center Parcs UK bike fleet to a total of more than 10,000 bikes – more than any other company in the UK.
- It took a team of 723 people 120 months to research, design and build the Subtropical Swimming Paradise at Woburn Forest.
- The Subtropical Swimming Paradise is the most popular activity at Center Parcs Villages; more than 90% of guests visit during a short break.
- The stunning and unique graphics surrounding the bowling lanes are hand painted by an artist.
- 2,918 sports balls are being ordered for Woburn Forest this includes bowling balls, tennis balls, gym balls, squash balls, footballs and snooker balls to name but a few.
Jessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row