Center Parcs has today revealed plans for exciting new additions to the Subtropical Swimming Paradise at Longleat Forest. The Subtropical Swimming Paradise is at the very heart of the Center Parcs experience with over 90% of guests visiting whilst on a short break.
The first new feature is an exhilarating three person raft ride with twists, turns and drops which will send families spinning and whirling with delight. The ride will feature a twisting tube which flows into a steep drop at a top speed of 14 metres per second before a sideways launch suspending the raft on its side vertically just before the point of tipping over then being pulled back by gravity. At 142 metres long, it will be a thrilling 30 second ride. With similar rides already proving to be hugely popular at Elveden Forest and Woburn Forest, this is set to be one of the most exciting rides to hit Center Parcs.
The second ride being introduced is a unique experience, made up of two rides joined together. This is a single or two-person ride experience which takes riders on drops and swings with an exciting light, sound and visual element, which will be first of its kind in the UK.
Also included in the plans is a family water play area and toddler pool. These two new areas get all the family whizzing down exciting, brightly-lit tubes no matter their age. And for traditional family fun, there are also water spouts, spraying features and hidden giant tipping fishing buckets.
Andy De’Ath, Longleat Forest General Manager said, “We are really excited to be seeing these great new features being created at what is already a hugely popular place to be at Longleat Forest, we’re certain our guests will love them!”
The work to create these new features has started and is due for completion in mid-2017.
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 2 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row