British short break expert, Center Parcs, unveils the height of luxury with its brand new Treehouse accommodation - combining a stunning sleek, contemporary design with the ultimate functionality. The three Treehouses, which are exclusive to Sherwood Forest, have been expertly designed to encompass key elements that are core to the Center Parcs experience; accessible luxury, sustainability and most importantly creating memorable moments for the whole family.
Set among the canopy of 400 acres of Nottinghamshire woodland, the Treehouses have been designed to embrace the forest, which is reflected throughout the interior. A spiral staircase winding round a faux tree turn is central to the layout and details such as floor to ceiling retractable doors, a large outdoor terrace, smoked oak timber walls and oak planked floor all help to incorporate the surroundings and create a true forest experience for guests.
Suitable for up to eight guests, there is plenty of room for adult groups or families in comfort, with three large luxurious bedrooms situated on the lower level; one double room with ensuite bathroom and two twin rooms with ensuite shower-rooms. On the upper level of the Treehouse, the master suite offers guests perfect views of the surrounding treetops and a secluded escape for relaxation after a busy day. All four bedrooms have their own private balconies, accessible through full height, sliding glass doors.
The living area is perfect for the whole family, with a beautiful fully-functioning fireplace – the perfect area to share stories and memorable moments from the adventures that day. In the dining area, an 8 person dining table is the perfect setting for long lunches and ambient dinners and beyond the dining area a daybed offers a quiet retreat to curl up with a book.
Each Treehouse will be decked out with the latest technology including a 42” plasma TV mounted above the fireplace in the central living area and iPod docks throughout. The open kitchen has olive green units topped in a pale stone, and is fully equipped with an integrated microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer, oven and wine cooler. A chalk board on the dividing wall between the kitchen and daybed adds a playful element to the space.
For the ultimate indulgence, Treehouse guests have a large hot tub and sauna on the outside terrace to enjoy, and the surrounding trees provide the perfect privacy cover! A dedicated entertainment room is situated in a separate section of the structure, which can be reached by a bridge off the main terrace. Inside guests will be treated to a pool table, games consoles and a 42” plasma TV with surround sound and AMBX lighting, which reacts to whatever is showing on the TV.
The natural environment is central to the Center Parcs ethos and the Treehouses will be the most sustainable accommodation that Center Parcs has developed to date. Landscaping work will be kept to a minimum in the building process to ensure as little disruption to the woodland area as possible and the structures will be built to compliment the surrounding area. Each Treehouse will feature ground source heating, water recycling systems for the hot tubs and have confirmed A standard energy efficiency ratings.
Notes to editors
· The four locations across the UK are Sherwood Forest (Nottinghamshire), Elveden Forest (Suffolk), Longleat Forest (Wiltshire) and Whinfell Forest, (Cumbria)
· Center Parcs was awarded the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection in 2009
· All four Center Parcs sites were recent accredited The Wildlife Trust’s Biodiversity Benchmark
· Center Parcs’ fifth site in Bedfordshire is due to open in 2013, with over 700 new lodges and the usual wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities for all the family to enjoy.
Contact informationName Jessica Pearce Division Center Parcs - Woburn Press Officer Telephone 01623 821723 Email email@example.com
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row