We meet mother and daughter team, Suzanne and Beth, at Aqua Sana Whinfell Forest to find out more about their relationship and what it's like to work together.
How long have you worked at Aqua Sana Whinfell Forest?
Suzanne (mother): I have worked here for 10 years.
Beth (daughter): I have been working here for 7 years.
What is your role at Aqua Sana?
Suzanne (mother): I am a spa assistant. I greet and look after all spa guests enjoying the experience rooms as well as carrying out Serial and Infa-red treatments.
Beth (daughter): I am a senior therapist. I perform a range of Elemis, Decleor and Leighton Denny treatments. I also assist with the Reception team and spa staff in the day-to-day running of Aqua Sana.
You both have a similar role, do you have similar likes and dislikes?
Suzanne & Beth: We are both very similar.
Suzanne: My hobby is jewellery-making which I love to do whenever I have the time. I also enjoy shopping.
Beth: I love shopping, a big thing me and my Mum have in common!
What did you do before you were part of the Aqua Sana team?
Suzanne: I was a hairdresser and beautician for 22 years before I decided to work in the spa industry. I have been at Aqua Sana now for 10 years and really love what I do.
Beth: This was my first job, my Mum had already been working here for 3 years when I joined. I studied Beauty Therapy at CarlisleCollege and the role here at Aqua Sana came up and I jumped at the chance.
Do you spend a lot of time together outside of your jobs?
Suzanne & Beth: We both live in Penrith just a few miles from Whinfell Forest.
Suzanne: As we work together, we socialise with our colleagues together; going out for meals and drinks.
Beth, what do you love most about your Mum?
Beth: She is hard-working and always cheerful, she never ever complains about work. I admire my Mum because she is so knowledgeable about the spa industry, about Aqua Sana and her understanding of spa guests. She is a wonderful role model, I hope to be more and more like her.
Has anything strange or funny happened to you at work?
Beth: At a time when we both worked in the spa we saw a duck walking around the outside area of the spa. We then had to try and shoo it away before the spa opened, as we were trying to move it away from the spa door Mum fell in the pool! We couldn’t stop laughing! Luckily it was before 9am so the spa had not opened I was the only one to witness it.
Are you a close family generally?
Suzanne: Yes we are a very close family, Beth has 3 younger brothers and we all enjoy spending time doing things as a family, getting together and having lots of fun!
Notes to editors
Suzanne and Beth work at Aqua Sana Whinfell Forest. Aqua Sana spa is the perfect way to unwind with 12 unique spa experiences and luxurious treatments. Set on the edge of the Lake District, spa visitors are taken on a journey through the World of Spa to discover the widest choice of globally inspired spa experiences in the UK, relaxing the mind and body through the benefits of heat and cold, light and darkness, touch and aromas.
For more information or to make a booking, visit: http://aquasana.co.uk/ or call 08448 266205.
Center Parcs general information:
- The four locations across the UK are Sherwood Forest (Nottinghamshire), Elveden Forest (Suffolk), Longleat Forest (Wiltshire) and Whinfell Forest, (Cumbria)
- Center Parcs was awarded the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection in 2009
- Center Parcs’ fifth site in Bedfordshire is due to open in 2013, with over 700 new lodges and a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities
Center Parcs Press Office
Telephone: 01623 821733
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row