Center Parcs is proud to announce that it has retained its Hospitality Assured Premier status and achieved the highest score in the leisure sector following rigorous assessments in October this year.
Hospitality Assured is an industry standard which recognises exceptional service and guest care for customer facing businesses. The accreditation process encourages businesses to look at its operation from the customer’s perspective, measuring Center Parcs against a series of performance indicators. Center Parcs has consistently achieved a score higher than 70% and this year achieved 79.5% for Standard for Service and Business Excellence.
These indicators allow Center Parcs to continually judge and measure itself in order to improve and enhance the service provided and give customers the opportunity and reassurance to choose an organisation where high quality service is guaranteed.
The re-assessment involved interviews with members of Center Parcs staff at the Longleat Forest Village and the Company Head Office. Responses and evidence were collated based around standards such as customer research, customer service promise, business leadership, training and development, service delivery and customer service improvement.
The Hospitality Assured External Assessors were extremely impressed by the continued improvements that Center Parcs has achieved over the past 12 months.
Paul Kent, Center Parcs Operations & Development Director, said: “We are thrilled to have not only retained our accreditation but to have been the highest ranking company in our sector. We pride ourselves on excellent facilities and service but it is the recognition from our guests and other organisations such as Hospitality Assured which lets us know we are doing it right. It’s fantastic to be recognised by this external industry assessor and the results are testament to the efforts of everyone across the business to continually deliver and improve excellent guest service.”
For more information about Hospitality Assured visit www.instituteofhospitality.org/hospitality-assured
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row