With the opening of Woburn Forest just around the corner, the project hits two major milestones this month with the first lodges being handed over to Center Parcs from the contractors and a third of the total Woburn Forest team due to be recruited before Christmas.
21 months into the construction of the new Center Parcs, the buildings are water-tight, recruitment and training is well underway and the forest is thriving as a result of the work of a Ground Services Manager employed by Center Parcs. So far, the Housekeeping building, Technical Services, Arrivals Lodge have been handed to Center Parcs with 50 lodges to follow soon.
Positions at the new Center Parcs have been offered to 251 people, 92% of whom live within 15 miles of the site and a further 260 individuals will be recruited before Christmas.
Wayne Matton, Woburn Forest General Manager said:
“It’s a hive of activity on site at the moment with shops and restaurants being fitted out and the lodges being handed over weekly! Our team will be 500 strong by Christmas with a further 1,000 team members joining between January and March. What has been a construction site for more than a year now has finally started feeling more like a Center Parcs Village.
“I am so proud of the Woburn Forest team for all their hard work and their enthusiasm for the task ahead. There is a real sense of excitement in the air; we can’t wait until the Village is finished so we can start welcoming guests”.
Between Christmas and opening, all buildings will be fitted-out, furnished and handed over to Center Parcs. There will be 1,500 staff at the Village by the spring, all of whom will be trained, inducted and familiarised with Center Parcs so that they are ready for guests next year. Opening is scheduled for spring 2014.
Jessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row