A first look into accommodation at the Center Parcs Woburn Forest site reveals upside down lodges and panoramic views across the woodland showing the transition of modern day family living since Center Parcs first opened 25 years ago.
The Center Parcs values have always been at the very heart of the accommodation design; since the first village opened in the UK in 1987. With 25 years of experience in providing luxurious short break accommodation for families, Center Parcs Woburn Forest has researched and thought about family modern day living and embraced these within the latest designs, just revealed.
Executive Lodges are being built with an upside down design, with the main living area on the first floor offering guests panoramic views across the woodland. This distinct design has been created to nestle within the landscape actually following the contours of the land. Like other Center Parcs, the lodges at Woburn Forest will provide a cosy and comfortable living space for families to enjoy quality time together.
Connecting with nature is also an important part of a Center Parcs short break. Being nestled within the forest landscape, the lodges are as close to nature as you can get with large windows and patio doors looking out into the forest.
Center Parcs Woburn Forest, complete with 625 lodges and a 75-bedroom hotel will be ready for the opening in spring 2014. Guests will be able to book their stay at the new village from summer this year.
There are four types of accommodation to choose from at Woburn Forest so that families can choose accommodation that suits their needs. These include Woodland Lodges, Executive Lodges, Exclusive Lodges and a 75 room hotel.
Martin Dalby, Chief Executive, Center Parcs UK, comments:
“Woburn Forest is really starting to take shape and we are delighted to give guests a first look at the accommodation we’ll be offering at the village. The designs for these lodges are an evolution of 25 years of success providing great family breaks. The accommodation is modern, stylish and embraces the surrounding natural forest environment.”
A quick snapshot into Center Parcs’ shopping list emphasises how the Woburn Forest site is being built with ‘family fun’ at the heart of its design:
- 1,875 family board games
- 625 chalk boards
- 3,522 dining chairs
- 64 bean bags
- 634 rugs
- 7,348 pillows
- 6,356 cushions
- 777 tea towels
To view a 3D visualisation of how Woburn Forest will look at opening visit: www.centerparcs.co.uk/woburnforest
Notes to editors
Center Parcs Woburn Forest
Center Parcs is the UK's leading short breaks operator and every year over 1.6 million guests stay at the existing four villages each set in 400 acres of woodland. In spring 2014 Center Parcs Woburn Forest will open, a perfect location for families in London and the South East. Once Woburn Forest opens, there will be a Center Parcs within easy reach of a majority of all UK families. This is an opportunity to bring something new to the Center Parcs family with a number of exciting new concepts which will be announced over the next few months.
For more information, visit: www.centerparcs.co.uk/woburnforest
Jessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row