Reconnect with dad this Father’s Day by taking quality, family ‘time-out’ together away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. With over 200 fun-filled activities to try out, Center Parcs offers the perfect retreat for every type of dad and their brood; from adrenaline adventures for the young at heart, to wildlife encounters for families to get back to nature.
With four Villages to choose from, each set in 400 acres of beautiful forest, there really is no better excuse to get away from it all and make sure dad gets the one-on-one time he deserves.
Here’s a selection of our favourite activities to make this Father’s Day one to remember:
For thrill-seekers...Quad Bike Safari
For dads who like to experience life in the fast lane, the Quad Bike Safari offers drivers an invigorating ride along a purpose-built track with challenging terrain. After a briefing on handling the quad bikes, dads will have a practice warm up on a small circuit then head off onto the track.
For problem solvers...Raft Building
With no instruction manual in sight, this adventurous challenge is perfect for dads who love to problem solve and get creative without an agreed set of rules to follow. Simply collect a pile of materials and get building – but you’ll have to be quick as the clock will be ticking. Then comes the ultimate test: will your raft float or sink?
For avid explorers...New for summer 2013: GeoCache
Every dad likes to think of themselves as an expert map reader, but this activity will really test their sense of direction and navigational skills to the max. Equipped with a global positioning system (GPS) and a map, navigate your way around the village collecting the passwords as you go on this high-tech treasure hunt.
For dads who fancy themselves as real ‘rock’ stars, Center Parcs offers an indoor caving experience in a safe, fun environment. The 100 metre linear cave is fun for explorers of all abilities featuring fossils, stalactites and stalagmites for a stunningly realistic underground experience.
For nature lovers…Birds of Prey Experience
Can modern day dads excel at this medieval art? Center Parcs offers the chance to try out the ancient sport of falconry and handle predator birds such as owls, falcons and hawks.
For sporting fanatics...Watersports
Dads can make a splash at the Boathouse by trying a range of exciting watersports including windsurfing, kayaking and paddle boarding. These challenging and exciting activities all take place in a controlled and safe environment under the watchful eye of qualified instructors.
For all the family…Subtropical Swimming Paradise
It’s the ultimate watery playground where dads can enjoy wild water thrills including outdoor rapids, flumes and a wave machine, in a blissful 29.5°C. Guests at Elveden Forest can also take advantage of the new Tropical Cyclone water ride reaching speeds of up to 30mph!
For more information or to book your break call 03448 267 723 or visit www.centerparcs.co.uk.
Center Parcs Press Office
Telephone: 01623 821733
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row