After two years of construction, Center Parcs is now putting the finishing touches to Woburn Forest, its latest Village, which is just weeks away from welcoming its first guests.
Opening to guests on Friday 6th June 2014, Woburn Forest will be the fifth Village in the UK and the closest to London.
The new Village is home to 625 lodges, a 75 bedroom hotel, Center Parcs’ largest Subtropical Swimming Paradise and a state-of-the-art spa with six luxury Spa Suites. There are also a wide range of shops and restaurants, including The Shearing House, a restaurant that will be unique to Woburn Forest.
True to form, the new Village will also be offering a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities to guests. Families can create their own unique short break in the forest choosing from adventurous activities such as archery, canoeing and laser combat, nature activities like falconry, bird watching and willow weaving, creative pursuits such as pottery painting and sports including badminton, tennis and fencing to name just a few.
Martin Dalby, CEO of Center Parcs said:
“We are thrilled to be announcing the opening date of our new Village. The opening of Woburn Forest means that the Center Parcs experience is within easy reach of even more families in the UK and will bring something new to Center Parcs with a number of exciting new concepts and designs which we know guests will enjoy.”
2014 summer breaks, in June, at Woburn Forest start from £399 (selected breaks).
For more information or to make a booking, call 03448 266 266 or visit:www.centerparcs.co.uk/woburn
Center Parcs Press Office
Telephone: 01623 821733
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row