Woburn Forest has been awarded the Center Parcs Village of Excellence award at the company’s annual ceremony, just three years after opening to guests in June 2014.
The annual awards ceremony, recognising excellence in the Center Parcs group, celebrates achievements of Center Parcs short break villages in the UK. Categories included Excellent Guest Service, Employee Loyalty, Financial Success, Health and Safety Management and Energy and Waste Reduction.
The Village of Excellence award, collected by Woburn Forest, is the most sought after of all categories as it recognises the leading village overall. This award has recognised the team at Woburn Forest for their commitment to providing service that goes far beyond the call of duty.
Rebecca Wileman, General Manager at Center Parcs Woburn Forest said: “We are immensely proud of the whole team at Woburn Forest who have all played their part in ensuring we go above and beyond for the 300,000 guests we welcomed last year. It’s a fantastic achievement to receive the Village of Excellence award having only opened to guests, with a brand new team, just a few years ago.”
Center Parcs prides itself on providing exceptional service to guests whilst continuously innovating and re-investing in its facilities. 96.4% of guests at Woburn Forest who gave feedback rated their short break as excellent or good.
Center Parcs provides short breaks for families offering a range of modern and stylish accommodation, leisure activities suitable for all the family, shops and high quality restaurants all nestled within forests.
To find out more about Center Parcs visit www.centerparcs.co.uk.
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%.
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes more than 2.2 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment.
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK.
- Center Parcs has been announced ‘Best Family Friendly UK Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the fourteenth year in a row.