Center Parcs has just appointed Janine Tennyson, former In Flight Business Manager for British Airways, as the Guest Services Manager for Woburn Forest.
With many years of experience in the tourism industry, including 2 years at TUI Travel plc followed by 2 years with BA, Janine was the perfect candidate for the role. Having managed cabin crew at BA leading the team to deliver excellent customer service, Janine has been preparing to manage a Guest Services team who will look after guests during their break at Woburn Forest. Having completed the induction at the Forest of Marston Vale and shadowing at Center Parcs Whinfell Forest in Cumbria, Janine is ready to recruit the team who will be responsible for ensuring guest satisfaction across the village once open next year.
When asked about her appointment, Janine said:
“I used to go to Center Parcs frequently and when I heard that there was a Center Parcs coming to Bedfordshire, I signed up for job alerts straight away! It’s not very often you get the chance to build your team from scratch and start at a brand new village.”
Janine has lived in Luton for most of her life and plans to move to Silsoe as soon as possible. Guest Services positions are now being advertised on the Careers section of the Center Parcs website: www.centerparcscareers.co.uk
Jessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row