Center Parcs were honoured as Best UK Holiday Provider for the thirteenth time at the annual Tommy’s Award which took place on 11th March at the Landmark Hotel, London to a packed audience of household name companies, celebrities and Tommy’s supporters.
The Tommy’s Awards recognise and celebrate the best family-friendly companies that help make the lives of parents and parents-to-be that little bit easier. From a shortlist of five, Center Parcs received the most votes. This year 44,688 votes were cast on Bounty, the pregnancy and parenting website. This was double the amount of votes received last year. The awards are nominated and voted for by the public, in categories ranging from Best Holiday Provider to Best Skincare Product for Mums.
Jane Brewin, CEO of Tommy’s commented "Being a mum-to-be or parent is tough and we believe it is important to express our gratitude to those companies who go the extra mile for families. All the companies, both the shortlisted and winners do that.”
All the winners were announced at an awards ceremony at the Landmark Hotel, London presented by TV and radio presenter Katy Hill. Celebrities in attendance included Harry and Izzy Judd, Nancy Sorrell, Vicki Butler Henderson and Kirsty McCabe.
The awards ceremony also includes Individual Awards which includes categories for Super Sibling, Doting Dad, Inspirational Mum, Courage, Angel, Family Superstar, Little Champion and Mum's Voice, a new category this year for a mum who has spoken out about her own pregnancy experience and given hope to others.
Helen Horner, Center Parcs' Head of Brand commented on the win saying “We are delighted that parents have again named us their Best UK Holiday Provider in the Tommy’s Awards. Quality family time is at the very heart of what we do and we strive to be the best at giving parents protected time with their children from when they are tiny babies right up to when they become taller teenagers. It’s great to be recognised in this way and we’d like to thank everyone who voted for us.”
Now in its 21st year, the Tommy’s Awards recognise heroes of families who’ve have been touched by pregnancy complications, or the loss of a baby. Each year in the UK, one in four parents lose a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth and premature birth.
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 2 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the thirteenth year in a row