Center Parcs is delighted to announce that it has today, (Thursday 26th August 2010), submitted the Reserved Matters Application to Central Bedfordshire Council, for its proposed holiday village within the Woburn Estate at Milbrook.
The application includes the detailed masterplan of buildings and landscape as well as local sourcing, employment strategies and green travel plan.
The submission of this document follows extensive liaison with Central Bedfordshire Council over the last year and approval of the Reserved Matters is expected by the end of 2010.
Martin Dalby, Center Parcs’ Chief Executive said, “I am delighted that we have reached another key milestone in our project and would like to thank Central Bedfordshire Council for their continued support and cooperation over the last year. With the submission of this application we are one step closer to bringing Center Parcs to Bedfordshire, and hopefully we remain on track for a potential opening in the Summer of 2013”.
Contact informationName Simon Kay Division Center Parcs - PR ManagerTelephone 01623 821722 Fax 01623 821729 Email email@example.com
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row