Center Parcs, the UK’s leading short break specialist, has achieved record booking figures for the summer period. Despite an industry-wide difficult season, which saw an increase in last minute bookings by cautious holidaymakers in a changeable economic climate, Center Parcs has performed exceptionally well.
A record number of over 215,000 guests visited Center Parcs during the main 6 week holiday period, resulting in summer occupancy of 99.2%. With extra accommodation capacity online in 2011, annual rental revenue also saw an increase of 5.4%.
Center Parcs remains as popular as ever for its quality short break offering and extensive activities which cater for every member of the family.
Colin Whaley, Sales and Marketing Director said:
“We have continued to invest in our facilities in the face of a challenging economic climate. We continually strive to improve the quality and range of facilities at Center Parcs, and this has proved to be a hit with our guests this summer. Clearly the British still value short breaks in this country, and Center Parcs offers a variety of activities that get families together and help create unforgettable memories.”
A short break at Center Parcs starts from £199 for a 2 Bedroom Comfort Villa which sleeps up to 4 people. For more information or to make a booking, call: 08448 266 266 or visit:www.centerparcs.co.uk
To follow Center Parcs on Facebook please visit our official UK Facebook pagewww.facebook.com/CenterParcsUK
Jessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row