The drive to recruit 1,500 employees for a variety of positions at the new Center Parcs Woburn Forest Village has now started. Positions which are currently available include Housekeeping Head of Department, Senior Rangers, Food and Beverage Operations Manager and Executive Sous Chef.
The £250 million village in Bedfordshire, due to open in spring 2014, is creating many job opportunities and over the next few months more than 500 housekeeper roles – the single largest part of the recruitment process - will become available.
Led by Tracey Purser, the newly appointed Woburn Forest HR Manager, the recruitment process will take place over a six month period and all positions are expected to be filled by January 2014 with a start date of spring 2014. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to assessment days which will take place near the Woburn Forest site.
Martin Dalby, Chief Executive, Center Parcs UK, said: “As the job market remains unsteady, I’m delighted that we are able to create such a large number of new jobs and offer people an exciting and rewarding career. Our employees play an important role during our guests’ short breaks with us and I’m confident that the WoburnForest team will recruit 1,500 enthusiastic individuals who truly reflect our brand values.”
As a Center Parcs employee, individuals will have access to the business’ rewards and benefits package, including a pension plan, discounted breaks and a variety of training and development initiatives.
Tracey Purser, HR Manager, Center Parcs Woburn Forest, commented: “The opening of our fifth village is a really exciting time and it is crucial that we employ a strong team who can deliver high levels of customer service to every guest. We’re looking for people who have the right attitude, strong personality, a passion for the leisure industry and perhaps, more importantly, take pride in their work.”
The phased recruitment is now underway and interested applicants should visit: www.centerparcscareers.co.uk to find out more.
Some of the other opportunities at Center Parcs Woburn Forest will include:
- 53 spa therapists
- 3 Spa Suite concierges
- 6 nurses
- 3 HR advisors
- 50 lifeguards
- 126 waiting staff
- 19 nursery nurses
- 27 outdoor activities/pursuits instructors
- 1 village bookkeeper
- 3 Cycle Centre mechanics
- 10 maintenance technicians
- 2 Energy Centre technicians
Training for successful applicants starts in autumn 2013 at the Forest Centre at the Forest of Marston Vale, just three miles from Woburn Forest. The location was chosen due to its proximity to the new village and similar forest environment.
Woburn Forest will be Center Parcs’ fifth UK village and will comprise 625 forest lodges, a 75 bedroom hotel, spa with six associated spa suites and two leisure buildings including indoor sports facilities, restaurants and retail outletswww.centerparcs.co.uk/woburnforest
Jessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row