Center Parcs has today revealed the restaurants, cafes and shops that will be bringing family friendly dining and shopping to the new Woburn Forest Village when it opens in spring 2014.
Exclusive to Woburn Forest will be The Shearing House restaurant, a brand new concept for Center Parcs, which has been specifically designed for the new village. Its name is inspired by the heritage of the local area as an area famous for sheep shearing.
The carefully created menu features classic dishes with a contemporary and playful twist, all underlined by a passion for fresh, seasonal produce and good, honest cooking. It features ‘grazing’ dishes which have been inspired by ‘British Tapas’ and are designed to be shared, plus, like with other restaurants at Center Parcs villages, a ‘mini-me’ version of the menu has also be created for children to enjoy.
The restaurant itself is a spacious contemporary environment with a number of different zones. Guests can either socialise indoors on huge, comfy sofas, or share platters with friends at the communal kitchen tables. The outdoor terrace is perfect for a morning coffee and freshly baked pastry while taking in the panoramic views of the forest.
Martin Dalby, Chief Executive, Center Parcs UK, said: “We want to make it easy for families to sit down together and enjoy each other’s company whilst on holiday, which is why we design each of our villages to provide great spaces for this. Woburn Forest is no different, we’ve taken what we have learnt over the last 25 years, together with what our guests have told us, to design a modern dining environment in the heart of the forest for all the family.
“We have also introduced a brand new restaurant which we are very excited about. Creating a space for families to eat together is always key, as well as providing a variety of meal options so that every member of the family can choose something they can enjoy. From sharing menus to communal dining areas we think this restaurant will be perfect for guests of all ages and will complement our existing restaurant concepts.”
Family favourites from the business’ four other Villages will also feature at Woburn Forest, including The Pancake House, Huck’s American Diner and The Canopy Café and Bar in the Subtropical Swimming Paradise.
Sally Williams, Senior Designer at designLSM comments: “It was important to create three distinctive interiors, offering different design options for each one. I obtained regular client input and ensured the materials not only looked great but were practical and durable. Inspiration was sought by researching the cultural, culinary background for each location and regular site visits. It was fun getting in touch with my inner child for The Pancake House.”
As well as restaurants and cafés for evening meals and light snacks, Woburn Forest will also include a variety of stylish shops, from swimwear outlet, Aquatique, to luxury homeware and gift shop, The Store Room. Children will also be able to spend their pocket money on souvenirs in the interactive Just Kids store, which is extremely popular at the four existing Center Parcs villages.
Leisure Retail Manager Adrian Pittaway talks about the shop designs: “Over the past three years, our team has worked closely with Center Parcs to find eclectic sources of inspiration in designing these new retail experiences. Key to the design process was sitting down and listening carefully to guests and asking them what they would like to see.
“From this, we have been able to put the needs of all guests right into the heart and soul of each of these stores. From the brands sold and the sizes stocked, to the shape of the fitting rooms and the types of carrier bags provided, the guest has been at the forefront of our mind as we designed the shops. We are really excited to be able unveil our designs and to be a part of the Center Parcs village experience of the future!”
For a full list of restaurants, cafés and shops visit: www.centerparcs.co.uk/woburnforest
Woburn Forest will be Center Parcs’ fifth UK Village and will comprise 625 forest lodges, a 75 bedroom hotel and spa with 6 associated spa suites and two leisure buildings including indoor sports facilities, Subtropical Swimming Paradise, restaurants and retail outlets www.centerparcs.co.uk/woburnforest
Jessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row