The UK holiday villages will undergo further accommodation restyling including the addition of three brand new luxury Treehouses and new style Exclusive Lodges.
Center Parcs, the UK’s favourite short break provider, has announced a record occupancy year (May 2009 - April 2010) and continues to show confidence in the UK holiday market with further investment planned for 2010. The scheduled improvements include upgrading of existing accommodation, new Exclusive Lodges and the launch of three new luxury Treehouses.
Available for sale from July 2010 for short breaks in 2011, the three brand new Treehouses will take their place in the 400 acres of woodland at Sherwood Forest in Nottingham. The plush two-storey Treehouses will feature 4 bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms and private balconies, an open plan kitchen, dining and living area, a separate games and entertainment room and a private hot tub.
These new additions follow a record year for Center Parcs UK. The four villages welcomed a record 1.6 million guests from May 2009 – April 2010 and reported 97% occupancy, the highest occupancy levels since the group launched in the UK in 1987.
This year, whilst many travel companies will be plagued by ongoing airline strikes, volcanic ash and the volatile Euro, the strong bookings at Center Parcs throughout the summer and beyond suggest Center Parcs remains the number one choice for family short breaks.
Center Parcs will deliver extensive developments throughout the year as part of the evolving accommodation offering. Since 2007, Center Parcs has undergone extensive changes, with major restyling of many of its lodges providing more choice and improved quality for guests.
Colin Whaley, Sales and Marketing Director said, ‘On the back of a record year, we continue to be encouraged by our performance and predict very positive results over the summer. The ongoing investment for the coming year reflects our commitment to delivering continuous improvement through increased quality and choice for our guests.’
The next phase of the accommodation upgrade will be competed by April 2011, and will include the addition of new Exclusive Lodges at Longleat Forest in Wiltshire that will feature four bedrooms, each with en-suite bathrooms; a spa area comprising a steam room, sauna and hot tub; a dedicated games room, which will be decked out with a plethora of games including a pool table and a games console.
For more information visit www.centerparcs.co.uk
Notes to editors
· The four locations across the UK are Sherwood Forest (Nottinghamshire), Elveden Forest (Suffolk), Longleat Forest (Wiltshire) and Whinfell Forest, (Cumbria)
· Center Parcs was awarded the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection in 2009
· Center Parcs’ fifth site in Bedfordshire is due to open in 2013, with over 700 new lodges and the usual wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities for all the family to enjoy.
Contact informationJessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723 Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row