Center Parcs have joined up with train operator First Capital Connect to provide fast and easy environmental and affordable transport solutions for guests to the new Village; Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire. It is hoped that many families, particularly from London, will choose to travel to the new Center Parcs using the First Capital Connect service from London St Pancras.
Guests booking their break at Woburn Forest will be informed of the service if relevant to their location and they will be able to book discounted train tickets. Information about train arrival times is fed to Center Parcs and on arrival at Flitwick from London St Pancras, a shuttle service will collect guests and take them to the Village in under 10 minutes.
As well as the shuttle service, there are also other benefits with using this service:
- 10% discount on FCC rail tickets
- Meet and greet service at St Pancras International Station, London
- Discounted beverages and snacks at the Camden Food co. (St Pancras International only)
- VIP ‘fast track’ entry to Woburn Forest
- Luggage delivery service on arrival and collection service on departure
Woburn Forest offers a unique opportunity to link up with the local train company and encourage guests to use public transport. Center Parcs has already partnered with local coach supplier Grant Palmer to provide Housekeeping transport and improve other bus services including Center Parcs in relevant routes. The company have also funded the creation of a cycle path in the local area.
As a continued commitment to good transport links, Center Parcs has also employed a full time Transport Coordinator to manage the transportation links in the area, ensuring both staff and guests of Woburn Forest have suitable public transport options and can access the Village easily. For staff who cannot use public transport, car sharing has been promoted by the company to keep traffic levels low.
Colin Whaley, Sales and Marketing Director said “Protection of environment is an intrinsic part of who we are and being able to provide really good public transport links to people in the local area and London will help us keep vehicle use down. We also hope that by linking with First Capital Connect, many guests from London will opt to use the train service from London St Pancras to Brighton to get to Woburn Forest.”
Keith Jipps, First Capital Connect Customer Service Director, said: "Electric trains are the greenest form of public transport and we're delighted to have formed this partnership with Center Parcs to promote our service to guests. With four trains an hour from London St Pancras and a speedy 50 minute journey to Flitwick, it's the perfect way to start a holiday."
The partnership began earlier this year and has been available to guests to Center Parcs from 6th June 2014. For more information, visit: http://www.centerparcs.co.uk/travel-by-train
Name Jessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row