On Friday 19th March 2010 Tommy’s announced the winners of its annual Let’s Get Baby Friendly Awards during a star-studded ceremony at the London Mandarin Oriental Hotel.
Now in their 15th year, Tommy's Let's Get Baby Friendly Awards are designed to recognise the vital support that friends, family and health professionals offer couples who are experiencing difficulties with their pregnancy. The Awards also recognise the companies who are doing their bit to provide the most baby friendly services and products for families.
127,500 votes were cast in the nomination period, which ran throughout January and February 2010. Votes were cast in a wide variety of categories, ranging from Best Family Supermarket to Best Maternity Wear to Best Toy Store.
Helen Horner Marketing Manager for Center Parcs commented: ”We are delighted to have been named Best UK Holiday Provider in the Tommy’s Let’s Get Baby Friendly Awards 2010. This is the 7th year we have won in this category, which is a testament to the fantastic services, activities and facilities we have available for families with young children and babies. This is becoming an increasingly competitive category and with parents voting in these awards, it is a real honour to receive”.
The ceremony was hosted by Carrie and David Grant, and the awards were presented by celebrity mums including Jo Whiley, Terri Dwyer, Nancy Sorrell, Amanda Lamb, Sunetra Sarker, Zoe Tylerand Janey Lee Grace.
Awards host, Carrie Grant, said:
"Becoming a mum is a life-changing experience - both physically and emotionally. It's amazing, terrifying, and exhilarating all at the same time. Having people around to help with all the new challenges is an invaluable support."
Tommy’s Chief Executive, Jane Brewin, added:
“During pregnancy and in parenthood, the support you are offered really can make all the difference. The Tommy’s Lets Get Baby Friendly Awards gives us a way to ensure that the lives of young families are made easier as we thank and encourage those organisations and people who go that extra mile, to reduce the stresses and strains of everyday life for parents in the UK. We are extremely proud to play a part in making that difference.”
Notes to editors
Tommy’s Let’s Get Baby Friendly Awards
The awards started in 1995 to raise awareness of the needs of parents with small children and encourage companies to take their needs into account. Since the launch of the Awards, Tommy’s has credited over 160 organisations for vast improvements and higher levels of service for parents with babies and young children.
For further information about Tommy’s Let’s Get Baby Friendly Awards, please contact: Vicky Hubbard at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tommy’s Press Office on 020 7398 3440/8.
Contact informationJessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723 Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row