Tommy’s announced the winners of its annual Let’s Get Baby Friendly Awards during a star-studded ceremony at the Langham Hotel.
Now in their 16th year, Tommy's Let's Get Baby Friendly Awards are designed to recognise the vital support that friends, family and health professionals offer couples who are experiencing difficulties with their pregnancy. The Awards also recognise the companies who are doing their bit to provide the most baby friendly services and products for families.
Over 69,000 votes were cast in the nomination period, which ran throughout January and February 2011. Votes were cast in a wide variety of categories, ranging from Best Family Supermarket to Best Maternity Wear to Most Eco-friendly family brand.
Helen Horner Marketing Manager for Center Parcs commented: ”We are delighted to have been named Best UK Holiday Provider in the Tommy’s Let’s Get Baby Friendly Awards 2011. This is the 8th year we have won in this category, which is a testament to the fantastic services, activities and facilities we have available for families with young children and babies. This is becoming an increasingly competitive category and with parents voting in these awards, it is a real honour to receive”.
The ceremony was hosted by Janey Lee Grace, and the awards were presented by celebrities including Johnny Vaughan, Lee Mead, Terri Dwyer, Lauren Laverne, Patsy Palmer, Harriet Scott, Nancy Sorrell, Sarah Cawood, Stacey Solomon, Samantha Bond, Tana Ramsay and Katy Hill.
Tommy’s Chief Executive, Jane Brewin, said:
“Being a parent can be difficult, so the support you get from those close to you, and from organisations who take your needs into account, both go a long way to making your life easier. The Tommy’s Let’s get baby friendly Awards give us a way to thank the individuals and companies who go that extra mile to reduce the stresses and strains of parenthood for mums and dads across the UK.”
And the winners are…
Best baby food brand – Cow & Gate
Best bath time brand – Johnson’s Baby
Best nursery brand – Mamas & Papas
Best family supermarket – Asda
Most baby-friendly nursery furniture – Ikea
Best childrenswear - Next
Best maternity wear – Next
Best online retailer – Mothercare
Best feeding and changing area - Mothercare
Best children’s activity provider – Tumble Tots
Best family visitor attraction – Legoland
Best UK holiday provider – Center Parcs
Best overseas holiday provider – Thomson
Best family restaurant – Pizza Hut
Most family-friendly coffee shop chain – Asda café
Tommy’s and EBP Green Award for the most environmentally friendly family brand – The Organic Baby Company
Tommy’s & Asda Angel Award – Angela Donkin
Tommy’s & Danone Baby Nutrition Hero Award – Northen Ireland – Anne Marie McKinley
Tommy’s & Danone Baby Nutrition Hero Award – Scotland – Elaine Pirrie
Tommy’s & Danone Baby Nutrition Hero Award – England & Wales – Kaly Bhabra
Tommy’s & Build-A-Bear Workshop Champion Children Award – Alex Stafford, Eleanor Thompson, Louis Weston
Tommy’s & Hologic Miracle Unit Award – Kettering General Hospital Neonatal Unit
Notes to editors
For further information about Tommy’s Let’s Get Baby Friendly Awards, please contact: Vicky Hubbard (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ann Brown (email@example.com) call Tommy’s Press Office on 020 7398 3448/6.
At Tommy’s we believe it is unacceptable that one in four women loses a baby every year.
We want to give every baby the best chance of being born healthy, so we work to fund medical research into the causes of premature birth, stillbirth and miscarriage, and provide a free information service that educates all parents-to-be about health in pregnancy.
Our information service is informed by our medical research and includes a telephone midwife service, a comprehensive website and free books and leaflets promoting health in pregnancy.
By 2030 we want to halve the number of babies who die during pregnancy or birth.
Tommy’s registered charity number is 1060508 and SC039280.
Tommy’s Let’s Get Baby Friendly Awards
The awards started in 1995 to raise awareness of the needs of parents with small children and encourage companies to take their needs into account. Since the launch of the Awards, Tommy’s has credited over 160 organisations for vast improvements and higher levels of service for parents with babies and young children.
Jessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row