We are pleased to announce that Center Parcs has won 2 prestigious awards for their unique ‘Service Excellence’ programme.
The company was presented with a Regional Training Award and went on to win the UK National Training Award at the East Midlands Ceremony, held at Athena, Leicester on 14th October.
Run on behalf of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) by UK skills, the National Training Award inspires and encourages UK industry to invest in training and development as a route to achieving outstanding organisational and individual success. Winning an award is recognition of best practice and provides a benchmark for standards of excellence in training in the UK. City and Guilds is the premier sponsor of the 2010 National Training Award.
Making Memorable Moments is Center Parcs’ service excellence programme, launched in 2010 as part of an ongoing commitment to provide the highest standard of service to guests. All 6000 colleagues have completed the interactive workshops with the CEO attending the first event, and Center Parcs has already seen very positive results in guest satisfaction scores.
Jo O’Neill, Head of Training & Development, said: “I am delighted we have received this award for our ‘Delivering Excellent Service’ training programme. I believe it is a reflection of the enormous effort by our Training teams to deliver this training and all our colleagues for practising their new skills and making memorable moment for our guests. We have always championed a whole range of training and development initiatives for all our colleagues and this programme has been our most ambitious to date.”
Center Parcs will now be invited to the National Training Awards 2010 UK ceremony, held in London on Wednesday 1 December. At the ceremony, UK Winners will find out if they have won the overall Winner of the Year Award for their category. They will be up against all the other UK winners from across the UK in competition for these top awards.
If you would like further information on the National Training Awards the website address is:www.nationaltrainingawards.com/
Notes to editors
Center Parcs is proud of its status as the UK’s favourite short break destination and its success is down to continual investment and innovation to make the experience for first time and loyal guests, the best it can be.
For more information about Center Parcs, visit: www.centerparcs.co.uk
Jessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row