Center Parcs has been named the Best Holiday Provider at the Tommy’s Awards for the 11th consecutive year.
The annual awards, which are now into their 19th year, took place at the Landmark Hotel in London last week and celebrated the products and services that make family life easier for parents. More than 27,000 people voted in the Best Holiday Provider category. This year, the award was even more fiercely contended than in previous years, as the category was opened up to non-UK holiday providers.
Helen Horner, Head of Brand at Center Parcs, said: “We are delighted to be crowned Best Family Holiday Provider. It’s a perfect accolade for all our teams who work tirelessly across the Villages to ensure that parents with babies and young children staying on a break have a really special experience. The nominees in this category were extremely strong, which made it a real honour and privilege that families have voted Center Parcs for the 11th consecutive year.”
Last year, Center Parcs welcomed over 1.7m guests and its fifth Village, Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire, is set to open this spring.
Center Parcs Press Office
Telephone: 01623 821733
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row