Center Parcs is the first UK holiday resort to be mapped in its entirety using Google Business View technology, including the first fully operational sauna to be virtually toured.
Whether taking a stroll through the forest, checking out the famous Subtropical Swimming Paradise or taking a peek inside a Treehouse, visitors to Center Parcs’ website can now explore every square inch of the Villages with just a few clicks of a mouse. Four of the five Center Parcs Villages have been mapped, with the recently opened Woburn Forest set to follow in early 2015.
It took 20 days, over 180 hours and in excess of 25,000 individual images to create the 140 different virtual tours. All buildings have been captured internally, including each different accommodation type, restaurants, Subtropical Swimming Paradise and Aqua Sana Spa. In combination with Google Street View of all Center Parcs Villages, this is the most extensive use of this technology within the UK holiday sector.
Colin Whaley, Sales & Marketing Director, said, “We are delighted to be the first UK holiday resort to be entirely mapped using Google Business View. This superb immersive and interactive experience offers families a chance to see the huge range of possibilities and fantastic quality available on a short break at Center Parcs”.
Visitors will be able to access the virtual tours at http://www.centerparcs.co.uk/your-family-your-time
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row