This May, Center Parcs launches its first Charity Partnership with Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity. Over the next twelve months Center Parcs and its guests will be helping to raise much-needed funds for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity’s Beds for Bedz appeal. Beds for Bedz aims to keep families together by providing accommodation for parents whilst their children are undergoing treatment at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Center Parcs will be supporting Beds for Bedz by inviting their guests to opt-in and make a donation when booking their short break holiday and then Center Parcs will match the amount donated. In total it is hoped this partnership will raise at least £30 000.
Great Ormond Street Hospital looks after many of the country’s sickest children and houses up to 1000 patient’s parents a week. We recognise how vital it is to both child and parent to stay together during what could often be the most stressful times of their lives.
Robby and Vicky, parents of Tommy who was rushed to Great Ormond Street Hospital at just a week old with a serious congenital heart defect which needed urgent surgery, said:
“While Tommy was at Great Ormond Street Hospital, our family were invited to say in the accommodation that the hospital provide. We were overwhelmed with the support, expertise and dedication of all the staff and the facilities were first class.”
Center Parcs’ Chief Executive Officer Martin Dalby said “We are absolutely delighted to offer our support to the Beds for Bedz campaign. The Center Parcs experience is about families spending time together, so when we heard about an opportunity to help Great Ormond Street Hospital keep families together during the most stressful times, it made perfect sense for us to get involved. I am sure our guests will support the Beds for Bedz campaign and we at Center Parcs look forward to matching their generosity."
Registered Charity no. 235825
Notes to editors
For media enquiries, please contact:
Laura Redmond at Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity
Tel: 020 7239 3039
About Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity:
Great Ormond Street Hospital is one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals with the broadest range of dedicated, children’s healthcare specialists under one roof in the UK. The hospital’s pioneering research and treatment gives hope to children who are suffering from the rarest, most complex and often life-threatening conditions, from across the country and abroad.
Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity needs to raise £50 million a year to help rebuild and refurbish Great Ormond Street Hospital, provide vital up-to-date equipment and fund research into better treatments for the children. You can help us to provide world class care for our patients and families. For more information visit www.gosh.org
About Center Parcs
As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs occupies a unique position after 22 years of operation in Britain, enjoying enviable annual occupancy rates in excess of 90%. In that time, the name Center Parcs has become synonymous with the provision of an exceptional short break experience in a forest location.
Center Parcs offers its guests short break stays over the weekend (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday), 365 days a year. There are currently four Center Parcs Villages in the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire and Whinfell Forest in Cumbria, each with facilities discreetly hidden in approximately 400 acres of natural woodland.
Contact informationJessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723 Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row