Center Parcs has been crowned Best UK Holiday Provider at the Tommy’s Awards, the flagship event of baby charity Tommy’s which is now in its twentieth year.
The ceremony was a glitzy affair held at the Landmark London hotel on Friday 20 March. It was hosted by TV and radio presenter and mum of two Katy Hill.
The best family-friendly companies were recognised at the event alongside family heroes who’ve helped mums and dads on a tough path to parenthood.
20,000 parents voted for their favourite family-friendly companies in three categories: Blissful Babies, Marvellous Mums and Family Fun. 13 Company Awards were given out on the day by Katy Hill and Jane Brewin, Chief Executive of Tommy’s.
Simon Kay, Center Parcs PR Manager said:
“We are thrilled to be voted Best Family Holiday Provider again this year and what makes this award really special to us is that it is voted for by families. It's a fantastic accolade for all our teams who work so hard across the Villages to ensure that parents with babies and young children have a really special, hassle-free short break with us”.
Guests included TV presenter Laura Hamilton, singer Sam Bailey and Professor Phillip Bennett, a trustee of Tommy’s, who gave a stirring speech about the charity’s plans to open a new research dedicated to early miscarriage.
Tommy’s funds medical research into the causes of miscarriage, stillbirth and premature birth, and provides advice and support for all parents-to- be to help them have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
Tommy’s Chief Executive, Jane Brewin, said:
“Being a parent can be demanding on occasions. Organisations that go the extra mile to reduce stress and hassle for mums and dads deserve to be commended.
“We’d like to congratulate all the winners of our Corporate Awards who go to great lengths to ensure all family members get a great experience.”
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row