An estimated 20% of people in the UK have a food sensitivity yet very few restaurants provide tailored menus for specific intolerances, something which Center Parcs have just done.
Over the years, the media has reported the benefits of eating together as a family at the dinner table and, for Center Parcs, it’s about giving families lots of choice so that they can all eat together and feel comfortable when ordering.
The new selection of menus have been launched in the company's casual sports restaurant Sports Café and will be launched in their Bar and Grill, Huck’s, on the 30th January.
The Lactose-Free menus include options such as; Cajun-grilled Swordfish with Fresh Lime, Pork Loin Cutlet and Garlic Bruschetta with Tomato and Red Pepper.
The Gluten Sensitive menus have a choice of more than 30 dishes such as; Gluten-Free Fish and Chips, Double-Double Burger, Gluten-Free Macaroni Cheese and Grilled Prawn Skewers.
The Vegan menus also have a range of options including; Vegetable Kebabs, Spicy Avocado and Tomato Sandwich and Vegetable Fajitas.
Desserts haven’t been forgotten with a range of choices for after a meal. Fruit Platter (Lactose-Free), Dime Bar Cake (Gluten Sensitive), Fruit Sorbet (Vegan) and Glazed Strawberry Layered Slice (Lactose Free and Gluten Sensitive) are just some of the tasty treats on offer.
Eddie McAdam, Group F&B and Retail Manager said:
“Our team are experienced at delivering a great family dining experience. Giving every member of the family attention and ensuring every person feels special is so important. There is no stigma when it comes to special requests or dietary requirements, we’ve worked hard to offer delicious choices that cater for differing tastes and requirements so that diners can choose what they want instead of having to order something then adapt it to suit them.”
“Our Group Executive Chef actually stepped into the shoes of a Gluten Sensitive diner for two weeks to experience what it was like. This gave us some interesting insight into what it is like when you have a food sensitivity so that we can could then help remove the stigma and the difficulty from ordering a meal”.
Whether it’s in a Lodge or out in one of the restaurants, eating at Center Parcs is about spending time together and enjoying good food. There are 14 restaurant concepts across the five Villages, each offering a different style of cuisine and dining atmosphere but there’s one thing that underpins all concepts which is family time.
To make the dining experience a real family experience there is lots of space for each table in the restaurants with buggy parks, highchairs, children’s self-service buffets, children’s meals, adult meals as children’s portions, activity sheets, light bites, ‘build your own’, free baby food with heating facilities, sharing platters and fun desserts. There is the familiar and the not-so-familiar, the healthy and the hearty. The range of new menus for those with dietary requirements goes one step further and makes ordering easier than it has ever been.
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row
- Center Parcs offers a wide variety of career opportunities, for more information, visit: www.centerparcscareers.co.uk