At a glittering ceremony at the Landmark Hotel in London, baby charity Tommy’s announced the winners of its annual Let’s get baby friendly Awards.
Since 1995 Tommy's Awards has recognised organisations that are making a real difference to family’s lives all over the UK, and ensuring parents’ needs are met.
This year, a record number of votes were cast throughout January and February 2012: with 205,799 votes cast in total, this was an almost 200% increase in voting numbers since the year before, showing that parents really are standing up and rewarding the companies that go that extra mile to be truly ‘baby friendly’.
Votes were cast in a wide variety of categories, ranging from best family supermarket to most eco-friendly baby company.
Helen Horner from Center Parcs commented: “We are delighted to have been named Best UK Holiday Provider in the Tommy’s Let’s Get Baby Friendly Awards 2012. This is the 9th year we have won this award and this is a testament to the fantastic services, activities and facilities we have available for families with young children and babies. This is becoming an increasingly competitive category and with parents voting in these awards, it is a real honour to receive.”
The ceremony was hosted by David and Carrie Grant, and the awards were presented by an array of other celebrity parents including Natasha Hamilton, Kirsten O’Brien, Saira Khan, Lizzie Cundy, Samantha Bond, Kirsty McCabe, Lee Mead, Terri Dwyer, Harriet Scott, Nancy Sorrell, and Louise Minchin.
Tommy’s Chief Executive, Jane Brewin, said:
“Being a parent isn’t always easy, so the efforts made by organisations who really strive to take parents’ needs into account go a long way to making life easier. The Tommy’s Let’s get baby friendly Awards give us a way to thank the individuals and companies who above and beyond to reduce the stresses of parenthood for mums and dads across the UK.”
Notes to editors
For further information about Tommy’s Let’s get baby friendly Awards, please contact: Vicky Hubbard (email@example.com) or Dawn Tennant (firstname.lastname@example.org) call Tommy’s Press Office on 020 7398 3448/6.
At Tommy’s we believe it is unacceptable that one in four women loses a baby every year. We want to give every baby the best chance of being born healthy, so we work to fund medical research into the causes of premature birth, stillbirth and miscarriage, and provide a free information service that educates all parents-to-be about health in pregnancy. Our information service is informed by our medical research and includes a telephone midwife service, a comprehensive website and free books and leaflets promoting health in pregnancy. By 2030 we want to halve the number of babies who die during pregnancy or birth.
Tommy’s registered charity number is 1060508 and SC039280.
Tommy’s Let’s get baby friendly Awards
The awards started in 1995 to raise awareness of the needs of parents with small children and encourage companies to take their needs into account. Since the launch of the Awards, Tommy’s has credited over 200 organisations for vast improvements and higher levels of service for parents with babies and young children.
Center Parcs Press Office
Telephone: 01623 821733
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row