On Thursday 22nd October, the Contact Centre team at Center Parcs (based at Head Office in Nottinghamshire) were named best for customer service in the travel and hospitality sector by ICMI at a glittering ceremony at Old Trafford. More than 350 companies were included in the assessment by the ICMI with the top 50 being announced in September and the finalists being invited to attend the awards ceremony.
The ICMI is an independent and competitive benchmarking programme which started the award programme in 2008. ICMI have been helping the UK’s most innovative and respected brands benchmark their customer experience against other leaders in a range of industries. All companies included in the ICMI analysis are measured against other brands and against industry expectations and those recognised are ones that demonstrate truly exceptional service.
Each Contact Centre was measured by GFK through 125 mystery shopping interactions, half by actual guests of the business and the remaining from outside the company’s guest-base. Mystery shopping interactions were at various times of day, by enquirers from a variety of demographic backgrounds, with a range of enquiry types and scenarios. Interactions included calls, email and social media.
Ryan Gray, Head of Sales at Center Parcs said:
“We are absolutely delighted to have been awarded this prestigious accreditation. We have always set extremely high standards regarding the excellent service we give to our guests, so this award, celebrating customer service, really is the icing on the cake.”
“What makes us special, is the pride and passion of the people who make up our team, as well as the unique product we offer. We don’t see our callers as numbers, each guest is different and has differing requirements and by treating each person who contacts us as an individual, they get that personal service that Center Parcs has become synonymous for.”
Center Parcs has been in operation in the UK since 1987 and since then has been a huge hit with families with children of all ages. More than 450,000 families visit Center Parcs each year for a short break to spend quality time with their family, with more than 96% rating the experience as excellent or good.
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 2 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row