Center Parcs is delighted to announce that it has received Reserved Matters approval from Central Bedfordshire Council, for the development of its 5th Forest Holiday Village in Woburn, Bedfordshire.
This represents final approval of the detailed designs of buildings and landscape as well as local sourcing, employment strategies and green travel plan. The next stage of the project will be the construction of a new roundabout at Millbrook, (procurement for which will commence in early 2011), as well as the diversion of the public rights of way that cross the site.
Martin Dalby, Center Parcs’ Chief Executive said, “this approval is another key milestone in our project and we would like to thank Central Bedfordshire Council for their continued support and cooperation over the last year. We will now focus our attention on creating a new roundabout at Millbrook to allow a much safer flow of traffic in the area. Once the roundabout has been completed, and public rights of way have been diverted, we will be able start construction on site".
Jessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row