Donna McKee has just been appointed as the Aqua Sana Manager for Woburn Forest, the new Center Parcs in Bedfordshire due to open in spring 2014. This appointment marks the start of the recruitment for the team of therapists who will bring the spa to life next year.
Having worked in the spa industry for more than 10 years and experience at all levels, Donna holds a great deal of knowledge, expertise and enthusiasm for her new role. Donna comes from a career spent with Champneys Health Resorts having started as a Therapist and over 9 years progressed to management level overseeing a spa resort and the therapist team.
When asked about her appointment, Donna said “I’m a local girl, having grown up in Luton and now living in Westoning about 3 miles away from the new Center Parcs. When I saw the role on the website, I applied straight away. The chance of working locally, at a brand new spa and setting up a brand new team was too good a chance to pass up and I was delighted when I got the job! I’m really looking forward to this opportunity!”
Donna started her role on the 14th October and is already busy recruiting Therapists for the new spa at Woburn Forest. With 50 therapist positions available at the spa at Woburn Forest, there's still a chance to apply if you're interested. To find out more about roles at Woburn Forest, please visit:www.centerparcscareers.co.uk
Notes to editors
Center Parcs' fifth village, Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire, is due to open in spring 2014. Details about the Aqua Sana spa will be revealed next year.
Jessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row