Center Parcs is delighted to announce the continuation of its long-term partnership with BADMINTON England, supporting the prestigious National Schools Championships for another two years.
Soon to be in its sixth year, the Center Parcs National Schools Championships is one of the biggest school sports events in the UK and the largest schools badminton tournament in Europe. The 2012/13 championships was the most successful to date with over 31,000 children taking part in a vibrant and exciting competition, culminating in the finals hosted at Center Parcs Sherwood Forest.
Adrian Christy, Chief Executive of BADMINTON England, said: “Our partnership with Center Parcs goes from strength to strength. The Center Parcs National Schools Badminton Championships continues to be one of the biggest, and most respected, school badminton competitions anywhere in the world.
“We are also grateful for Center Parcs’ continued support and look forward to seeing even more young people taking part in the National Schools Championships over the next two years. Together we are giving more children and young people the opportunity to compete, get active and have fun."
Center Parcs CEO, Martin Dalby, said: “Center Parcs is proud to continue its partnership with BADMINTON England. Our commitment to school sport at grassroots level is extremely important so it’s fantastic to be able to continue supporting the National Schools Championships, welcoming even more young badminton players onto our courts.”
Center Parcs Press Office
Telephone: 01623 821733
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row