Spafinder Wellness 365™, the world’s best resource for feeling good and living well all year round, has announced that Aqua Sana Woburn Forest has been nominated for the 2014 Wellness Travel Award for Best UK Spa.
The Wellness Travel Awards are the only awards that recognise the destination spas, hotels, resorts and retreats worldwide dedicated to offering experiences and environments that leave visitors healthier when they check out than when they checked in. Final winners will be selected by consumer vote, which is underway at Spafinder.com now through September 19; winners will be announced at the World Travel Market in London on November 6.
Aqua Sana is an innovative, social spa concept, one that is one of its kind in Europe and evolved from the existing award-winning Aqua Sana Spas. Inspired by nature and combining different approaches from many of the leading European spas with the latest innovations, there are six unique spas within this World of Spa, each one with a variety of multi-sensory experience rooms, two of which are the first of their kind in the world. As well as 25 experience rooms, there are also 22 treatment rooms in the spa offering a variety of treatment choices to relax and rejuvenate, with luxury spa products including Elemis, Decléor and Bliss. There is also an outdoor pool looking out into the forest, Spa Suites for Luxury Spa Breaks, a Serail Suite, Express Beauty, Boutique, Gym and Vitalé Café Bar serving Mediterranean refreshments and light cuisine.
“Being nominated for a Wellness Travel Award is a unique honor that recognises properties around the globe that offer exceptional wellness experiences,” said Spafinder Wellness 365 Chief Brand Officer Mia Kyricos. “People are redefining what they want when on vacation or traveling for business. We applaud these nominees that excel in meeting this rising demand.”
To ensure the most deserving properties were nominated, a global panel comprised of 26 spa and wellness industry journalists and experts nominated top candidates in each category. Candidates that received the most nominations are presented to consumers on Spafinder.com; voting is now underway for the final winners in each category.
Notes to editors
There are five Aqua Sana spas nestled within forests in the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire. Aqua Sana is a unique, welcoming, social spa, encouraging spa fans and first-timers alike to step into the spa world. The World of Spa concept which forms part of each Aqua Sana is a collection of the best, exotic spa experiences from around the world, brought together to give spa visitors the best flavours of spa and offer a space to relax, refresh and be social, spending time with a partner, friends or a family member. Connecting with nature is an important part of the Aqua Sana concept and experience rooms, treatments and the beautiful forest setting all celebrate what nature has to offer. For more information, visit: www.aquasana.co.uk
Spafinder Wellness 365™ is a division of Spafinder Wellness, Inc.®, the world’s largest media, marketing and gifting company for the wellness industry. With over 25 years of experience as a spa and wellness authority, the company guides the industry, partners, consumers and employers with the most comprehensive resource for wellness-related products, services and insight in the marketplace. Millions of people find inspiration to keep well every day via the Spafinder brand family, also known for its widely distributed gift cards available at 70,000-plus retailers worldwide and a global network of 20,000-plus spas, salons, fitness, yoga and Pilates studios and travel destinations. Learn more at Spafinder.com.
Jessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row