Center Parcs are delighted to announce that on 1st June 2010, Aqua Sana scooped the Good Spa Guide Award in the ‘Best to keep the boys happy’ category.
The Award for ‘Best to keep the boys happy’ celebrates spas that cater for both spa-phobic men who relax by letting off steam through adrenaline activities whilst their partner indulges in the spa as well as being welcoming to men who want to give the spa experience a go.
The Good Spa Guide is a comprehensive, independent guide to the top UK spas; providing information and objective reviews about over 670 spas in the UK. The Good Spa Spies travel the length and breadth of the UK to collate objective spa reviews, and Aqua Sana was one of the spas that dazzled the judges in 2010. The shortlists for the awards included the most tempting of treatments, the most superb service, the best solo spas, the best for the boys and the tastiest treats.
The Good Spa Guide chose Aqua Sana because of the combination of high quality spa experiences and the ‘guy-friendly’ atmosphere. Other nominees in this category were Pennyhill Park, Sequoia Spa at The Grove and The Forum Spa at Celtic Manor.
The Good Spa Guide Spy reported:
"Aqua Sana has a wide variety of facilities and good treatments. They are good for couples as it would be hard for even the most R&R-resistant spa buddy not to find something to occupy themselves with for an hour or two. It's also a good way to combine a spa retreat with a family holiday. If you really want to splash out (no pun intended), you can even have your own hot tub or bag a bathroom with a Jacuzzi bath. And if your man loves an adrenaline rush, there are plenty of exciting activities at Center Parcs. He could try quad biking, go-karting, paintballing, sailing, take part in an adult football tournament or even try his hand at wildlife photography."
Colin Whaley, Sales & Marketing Director said:
“There were a lot of impressive nominees in this category and we are thrilled to have won this award. We pride ourselves in having 4 high quality, luxurious spas that offer a unique variety of spa experiences and treatments. This award is great recognition for our appeal to both men and women either on a short break at Center Parcs or as day spa visitors.”
Notes to editors
Aqua Sana Spas are found at each one of the Center Parcs Villages: Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk and Longleat Forest in Wiltshire and Whinfell Forest in Cumbria, all of which are located in 400 acres of beautiful UK woodland surroundings.
Contact informationJessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723 Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row